Private Ballarat and Sovereign Hill Tour from Melbourne
Step back in time and immerse yourself in the excitement of Ballarat’s gold rush days at Sovereign Hill on this 8-hour private tour. Follow your guide through the former gold mining site, which now is an award winning outdoor museum that recreates in fascinating detail the hustle and bustle of life in the 1850s. Have a stress free day as hotel pick up and lunch are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Sovereign Hill
- Entry/Admission - Ballarat Wildlife Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sovereign Hill, Bradshaw Street, Ballarat, Victoria 3350 Australia
Experience the excitement of the Red Hill Gully Diggings where you can pan for REAL gold and see a spectacular $100,000 gold pour, venture underground on a fully-guided gold mine tour or catch a horse-drawn coach and tour the township.
Guests can also visit working shops, hotels, schools, a theater, crafts, a wheelwright, a candle maker, a confectioner and steam-driven machinery.
Enjoy lunch at the New York Bakery; which was recreated based on advice from Alfred Reid, the son of John Reid, the founder of the original bakery that stood in Ballarat over a century ago.
Be entertained by characters dressed in traditional goldfields costumes that are more than happy to pose for a photo – a great memory of your journey back in time!
• Gold museum
• Guided mine tour
• Lunch at Sovereign Hill ‘New York Bakery’
• Enjoy an authentic ‘Gold Pour’
• Take the time to pan for gold
• The historic gold mining city of Ballarat
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ballarat Wildlife Park, 250 Fussell St, Ballarat, Victoria 3350 Australia
Here at the Park we specialise in native Australian animals and a wide variety of exotic reptiles.
From free roaming Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, Tasmanian Devils, Eagles, Giant Tortoises, Crocodiles and Alligators to a large display of Lizards and both venomous and non-venomous Snakes
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We also can pick up from private addresses.Airports
- Melbourne Airport, Departure Dr, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045 Australia
- Melbourne Intl Airport, 1 Air Terminal Pkwy, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Essendon Airport, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
- Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
- Melbourne Station Pier
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.