Private Barcelona Old Town and Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
Embark on an amazing walk through the historical places of Barcelona to discover the richness of its past! Discover the origins of Roman Barcelona over 2,000 years ago. Enjoy the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter and feel as if you're in the Middle Ages. Walk along the famous Ramblas and discover why Barcelona is so beloved by visitors.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private Walking tour
- Professional local guide
- Old Town Walking tour, including the Gothic quarter and the Born District
- Complete visit to Barcelona Old Town highlights
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ciutat Vella, Bounded by Rambla, Universitat, Laietana and Ferran, Barcelona Spain
In this tour, your guide will take you to Ciutat Vella, the ancient part of the city. Here is where the history of Barcelona began. While strolling through the ancient nave of alleys, get the chance to discover the origins of Roman Barcelona. Get prepared to be enchanted by the antique atmosphere from this amazing part of the city and get the feeling of beeing brought back to the Middle Ages.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Mediterranean Seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona Spain
The enchanting neighbourhood known as the Gothic Quarter used to be the Roman village, counts various relics of its past. The district is a mixture of ancient buildings and constructions of the 90s. This blend engenders a sparkling ambience that brings people from whole around the world to visit this well known part of the city.
The neighborhood holds beautiful surprises because of its joyful energy, full of trendy bars, restaurants and small boutiques; where you’ll enjoy the essence of Barcelona.
Stop At: Las Ramblas, La Rambla, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Walking along the famous Ramblas, discover why Barcelona is so beloved by visitors. A fizzy pedestrian street where you'll enjoy the street performers, small cafes, traditional Catalan cuisine shops until you see the famous Boqueria market, where you can feel the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people through his colorful and exuberant posts, or learn where the worldwide famous Iberian cured ham comes from.
Stop At: Mercat de la Boqueria, La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona Spain
You will also pass in front of La Boqueria. La Boqueria is an open market and a benchmark of Barcelona. On this market, you can feel the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people through his colorful and exuberant posts, or learn where the worldwide famous Iberian cured ham comes from.
Stop At: Barcelona Cathedral, Pla de la Seu, S/N, 08002 Barcelona Spain
You will have the chance to pass by and admire the Barcelona Cathedral, known for its gargoyle sculptures at the top of the towers. The cathedral is devoted to a young virgin Saint name Eulalia and is seat of the archbishopric of the city.
Stop At: Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar, Placa Santa Maria 1, 08003 Barcelona Spain
Basilica Santa Maria del Mar, raised to the sweat of the citizens, is an emblem of the Catalan Gothic art and absolutely needs to be seen while you stroll through the Gothic Quarter.
Stop At: Placa de Sant Jaume, Placa Sant Jaume, 08002 Barcelona Spain
This square, also located in the Gothic City is one of the main, oldest and most representative squares. Even today, after 20 centuries it remains the political power of the Catalan culture.
Stop At: Placa Reial, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Fournished with a fountain, elegant lampposts and big palm trees, the Plaza Real is a very sparkling and graceful square of the Gothic Quarter. The square genders a warm atmosphere, due to the yellow walls of the buildings that surround the square.
Stop At: Placa del Rei, s/n, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Plaça del Rei in Barcelona is doubtless the Gothic nook that best illustrates the medieval spirit of the city. The Royal Palace and its surrounding buildings enclose a harmonious and quiet place where it seems that the glorious past of Barcelona of the Middle Ages still breathes.
Departure Point :Carrer de Fontanella, 2, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Passeig del Born, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. First child free of charge, second or more children 50% off (based on price of 2 adults)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Other languages available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- In order to guarantee the safety of both the visitors and the team, In-Out has adapted all the hygiene and safety protocols in accordance with the requirements set by the competent and valid organizations and authorities at each stage.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.