Private battle of Dunkirk Operation Dynamo Tour
The 2h private Dunkirk Dynamo Tour will take you to the key historical places around Operation Dynamo and on the tracks of the shooting of the 2017 Hollywood blockbuster...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guide or driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle if booked
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- From May 26 to 4 June 1940, Dunkirk was the theatre of the largest evacuation effort in military history: 338 000 Allied soldiers were evacuated on a flotilla of more than 800 ships. Discover the incredible story of Operation Dynamo with our exclusive 'Dynamo Tour', a trip back in time which pays tribute to all the allied soldiers involved in the operation and who created 'The Dunkirk Spirit', a symbol of hope and resistance.
During a pleasant tour on board our car or minivan, our guide will introduce you to the unmissable sites of Operation Dynamo. It will also lead you on the tracks of the shooting of the movie 'Dunkirk' directed by Christopher Nolan, released in July 2017. During the tour, we will stop at the following memorial places:
• The evacuation beaches
The beautiful, wide sandy beaches are very peaceful nowadays. Things were quite different in the spring 1940. Imagine being a soldier of the BEF, hoping desperatly to climb on board one of the Dunkirk Little Ships to escape the 'Hell of Dunkirk'...
• The port
The East Mole in the port was the point where most of the soldiers were evacuated. We'll make a stop at an impressive bunker, built by the Germans during the occupation, to see the preserved part of the original East Mole.
• British Memorial and Cemetery
The impressive British Memorial commemorates the memory of the 4528 soldiers of the British Expeditionary Force who died during 1940 and who have no known grave. Next to the memorial is a cemetery of 810 graves of British soldiers. Most of them were killed defending the perimeter of Dunkirk during the evacuation operations in May-June 1940.
Departure Point :1874 Rue des Chantiers de France, 59140 Dunkerque, France
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 3 people per booking (car tour) or 8 people (minivan tour)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair and stroller accessible only in your own vehicle. We do not have child seats, and we can not take someone in his wheelchair in our vehicle.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.