Private Battlefield Tour - Battle of Arnhem 1944 - German perspective (full day)
Rather than using the British Airborne perspective, this tour will focus on the Arnhem Battle of September 1944 from a German perspective. It gives you an insight into how the Germans handled the British airborne operation.
The ideal tour for those interested in the military history of the Battle of Arnhem. Private tour topics and the route will be designed to meet your personal wishes and interest. Items can be added or deleted from the itinerary as you wish. The aim is to show you what you want to see or hear about this battle. Special interest requests are welcomed.
Total flexibility as far as topics and locations are available. Up to 3 guests in private vehicle (hybrid). Extra transportation e.g. rent of minivan etc. are extra (actual costs + 10% fee). Up to 3-4 vehicles can follow the guide vehicle.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Museum fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The John Frost Bridge - John Frostbrug, Groene Weide, Arnhem The Netherlands
"the bridge too far"
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Airbornemuseum Hartenstein, Utrechtseweg 232, 6862 AZ Oosterbeek, Netherlands
2: Airborne at the Bridge, Rijnkade 150, 6811 HD Arnhem, Netherlands
3: Airborne War Cemetery, Van Limburg Stirumweg 28, 6861 WL Oosterbeek, Netherlands
4: Arnhem Central Station, Stationsplein 166, 6811 KJ Arnhem, Netherlands
5: Station Oosterbeek, 6861 BT Oosterbeek, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Look for the BTA44 logo
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/20/2019 - 1/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Tours only available on foot or on bicycle. The use of a private (rental) car by travelers is possible. No travelers can use the guide's vehicle due to social distancing. Travellers are required to rent bicycles or car at own expenses.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.