Private beach horse riding on the Wild Atlantic Way Connemara. Guided. Full day.
Ride Connemara's golden beaches on horseback! Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way is carved out with bays and inlets dispersed with islands all along its rugged shoreline. Megalithic tombs dot the shore, a natural rugged landscape continually carved out by Atlantic storms.
This equestrian escape offers 2 beach horse rides across beaches, to islands (when the tide is right) and along quiet country lanes. All treks are suitable for the beginner to advanced riders and include a short assessment before venturing out. Depending on numbers you will be accompanied by one or more guides, so when the ride gets to the beach the experienced riders can cantor and gallop while the novices are kept safely in walk or trot.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Riding gear such as hats and boots
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omey Island, Claddaghduff Ireland
After arriving in Cleggan village (transport not included) customers are advised to make their way to the riding centre at the entrance of Cleggan village, where you will present your voucher at reception. Then you will gear up for the ride - hats and boots will be supplied by the riding centre. Make sure you bring appropriate rain and wind gear.
In the arena you will meet your guides and your horse for the day and the guides will make sure that you feel comfortable and safe.
After a short assessment you will leave for the first pony trek towards the beautiful Omey Beach and Omey Island. The guide will lead you offroad, where you will pass Courthoor Lough and you can see some famous Connemara Ponys in the fields.
Arriving in Claddaghduff, you are right on the Wild Atlantic Way and you will make your way to one of the Wild Atlantic Way Signature Points - Omey Island, which is a designated Special Area of Conservation. On the beautiful Omey Beach you have the chance to take pictures and depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. Then you cross Omey Beach the guide leads you to the other side of Omey Island, where you have a fantastic view over the wild Atlantic. Then you make your way back to Omey Beach, where the horses can cool themselves while riding through the sea.
After this you depart Omey Beach and rideback to the riding centre and dismount.
A recommended meal stop would be the Oliver's - Cleggan village's famous Seafood Bar overlooking the harbour (lunch at own expense).
After lunch you will meet with your guides again at the riding centre and depart for the second ride. This time the guides lead you through the village towards Selerna Beach. It is a scenic cresent shape sandy beach, which looks towards Inishbofin Island to the west and the mouth of Cleggan Bay to the east. Stroll, trot or gallop across this quiet WIld Atlantic Way shoreline. There is a megalithic wedgetomb up on the field to the right of the beach. Spend some moments appreciating the Atlantic Ocean and islands beyond, before turning back along the backroads with its many horses, cows and sheep in the fields and the magnificient Twelve Bens mountain range in the background.
Then, make your way back to the riding centre where you dismount again and this is where your tour ends.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Cleggan Court Tomb, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Surrounded by ancient history as well as beautiful scenery!
Departure Point :Cleggan Beach Riding Centre, Trean, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In the interest of animal welfare the max rider weight is 90kg/200lbs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.