Private beach horseback riding in Connemara from Galway City. Guided. Full day
On this private experience you will ride out from the stables, through a picturesque fishing village either towards Selerna Beach, a scenic, crescent-shaped stretch of sand or takes you on a ride to Omey Island punctuated by historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea. Sequence of rides depends on the tide times on the day.
Choose your own pace across this quiet Wild Atlantic Way shoreline. Spending time appreciating the ocean views and islands beyond before turning back along the back roads, taking in the beautiful Irish countryside. Ride past green fields and appreciate the fauna and flora that make up this Irish landscape, with the mighty Twelve Bens mountain range as its backdrop. Depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot.
There will be a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation, City Link bus return ticket to riding centre and Galway.
- Hats and boots available for use
- 2 horse rides: a 3 hour ride and a 1 ½ hour ride
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omey Island, Claddaghduff Ireland
Take the City Link bus out to the riding centre and enjoy two wonderful beach rides along the Wild Atlantic Way shoreline.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Cleggan Court Tomb, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Adding a flavour of ancient history to your days experience.
Departure Point :Galway Coach Station, Fairgreen Rd, Galway, H91 C2VX, Ireland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Times for rides are dependent on the tide, your guide will supply ride times and details for days activities upon arrival at the riding centre. Please print out voucher or show on your phone at riding centre.
- Your bus ticket for round-trip bus transport will be supplied after booking. Please print out and bring with you to validate at the bus station.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and shoes compatible with stirrups.
- Bring/wear appropriate rain proof clothing.
- In the interest of animal welfare the max rider weight is 90kg/200lbs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please wear safety equipment provided and adhere to guides instructions.
- Please advise us of each riders riding experience: beginner or intermediate (10 years plus regular riding) or experienced (15 years plus regular riding)?
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.