Private Beijing Countryside Tour: Cuandixia Village and Liulichang Street
Discover the beautiful countryside and mountains of Beijing on a private tour. Spend the day admiring well-preserved courtyard houses in Cuandixia Village, renowned for for its old-world charm. Visit Liulichang Culture Street to see authentic antiques, paintings and calligraphy from Chinese masters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Quality Chinese farmhouse lunch
- Mineral water
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Cuandixia Village
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cuandixia Village, Cuanbai Scenic Area, Zhaitang Town, Mentougou District, Beijing 102309 China
Meet your guide at your Beijing hotel, and travel by private, air-conditioned vehicle into the beautiful surrounding countryside. Admire the mountain scenery of the Mentougou District, and after your travel, arrive at Cuandixia, a mountainside village whose name translates as ‘stove.’ Dating to between 1403 and 1424 during China’s Ming era, this well-preserved village centers on around 70 courtyard homes housing about 30 families. On arrival, stroll around the timeworn streets to experience Cuandixia’s old-time charm and folk architecture. View the quadrangle dwellings, many with ornate gate piers, screen walls, and carvings, and hear about the village’s past from your guide.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Liulichang Street, Hepingmenwai, Xicheng District, Beijing 100051 China
Following a typical Chinese farmhouse lunch at one of Cuandixia’s best restaurants, return to Beijing and visit Liulichang Street, famous for its Qing-style stone houses and antique shops. Admire the elaborate architecture and discover shops selling antiquarian books, paintings, ink stones, and calligraphy. Along the way, watch demonstrations of calligraphy and painting, and perhaps purchase some souvenirs (own expense).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guide will meet you in your Beijing hotel lobby
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.