Private Bird Watching Group Tour in Unique Nature Reserve
With its moderate sea climate The Netherlands is a favorite place for resident and migrating birds. Conveniently located on the East Atlantic Flyway it is a major hub for millions of migrating coastal birds like Terns, Spoonbills, Avocets, Curlews and Godwits. As well as lots of geese and ducks!
For birds of prey lovers the marshlands offer great opportunities to see majestic White Tailed Eagles, Harriers, Kites, Buzzards and Osprey. We are always looking for rare and beautiful birds, from song birds like Hawfinches, Wheatears, Warblers and Bluethroats to Kingfishers, Bitterns and Pallid Harriers!
Our national parks are geared towards bird watchers with many easy accessible blinds and lookouts. On this full day trip we will take you on a walk in one of our biggest nature reserves, with lakes, wetlands, swamps and grasslands, which is home to a huge variety of bird species, of which 31 are on the European endangered species list. The area is also home to big herds of large grazers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Drinks, fruit, snacks and a boxed lunch are included!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- we will bring binoculars and a camera
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Oostvaardersplassen
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oostvaardersplassen, Oostvaardersbosplaats 1, 1336 RZ Almere The Netherlands
The area is a refuge for a huge number of birds and other animals, including several big herds of large grazers. Its unique character of wetlands, grass areas and woodlands make it an ideal area to spot numerous native and migrating birds.
We will walk the area and stop at several hides to observe the wildlife around us. We will walk for 10 – 15 km this day
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :De Ruijterkade 153, 1011 AC Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave a phone number so we can customize your private tour!Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Please wear a face mask during transportation to the park. The guide will wear face mask and gloves.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.