Private Boat Excursion from Sorrento to Capri and Positano
Ideal if your cruise ship is docking in Sorrento or if you are staying in the city for a few days. Experience an unforgettable and fun-filled adventure cruising on a private boat from Sorrento to the exclusive island of Capri then over to the Amalfi Coast's most popular village, Positano. Embark with a local captain who will show you the highlights of the area while you bypass the tourist crowds and enjoy a private, relaxing day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer and bottle of Prosecco available
- Snacks - Note: Not available on Open Deck Boat
- Local skipper
- Fuel, taxes, and port fees
- Use of snorkeling masks
What's excluded :
- Blue Grotto (optional) entrance fee of €14 per person
- Lunch (An optional stop with many small local restaurants accessible by boat long the way)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Via Marina Piccola, 80067, Sorrento Italy
Start your day by meeting your captain and boat in the Marina Piccola harbor in Sorrento.
Pass By: Exclusive Cruises, 84010, Amalfi Italy
Exclusive Cruises will be your hosts for the day for your private 6-hour boat excursion from Sorrento to the beautiful island of Capri and to Positano on the Amalfi Coast. This is only a suggested itinerary below with some of the main sights highlighted. As this is a private excursion, you can customize it as you wish. Note that sights below are marked "Pass By" simply because you can decide to spend just as much or as little time as you would like at main sights. Exclusive Cruises will help you plan a beautiful and relaxed day custom fit to your interests and travel desires. Here are some highlights of the experiences and sights you will enjoy:
- Begin the day by cruising along the Sorrento Coastline featuring inlets, crumbling towers, and deep gorges that accentuate its vast beauty.
- Upon arriving in Capri, your captain will cruise past breathtaking island views.
- While the island is typically crowded, its true beauties are the grottoes and rock formations that are experienced from the sea. Choose to visit the Blue Grotto if you would like (entrance fee not included) or enjoy fine sights of other notable grottoes like the Green, White, and Red grottoes, from the comfort of the boat.
- See the Faraglioni Rock Formations, which are three massive rocks with the middle one having a small hole you can cruise right through.
- After seeing the highlights of Capri from the sea, you will have the opportunity to visit the Amalfi Coast's best kept secret - Nerano. Nerano is a characteristic fishing village that features several beachside restaurants. This is a favorite to stop for a mid-afternoon lunch before heading to Positano.
- After lunch cruise over to the Li Galli Islands. These legendary islands are famed for Homer’s Sirens that tempted Ulysses in “The Odyssey.” Enjoy a swim here if you wish.
- Next you will catch sight of Positano. The view of Positano from the sea is one of the most famous in the world. You will have time at your leisure in Positano, a village which includes dozens of fine local shops. Notable attractions in Positano include the Collegiata di Santa Maria Assunta, a historic church with a colorful ceramic tiled dome.
- Note that in addition to the sights below you will enjoy plenty of time relaxing on the boat, soaking up the sun, and stopping to swim in the most beautiful spots around Capri and along the Amalfi Coast.
Pass By: Blue Grotto, Via Grotta Azzurra, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
If you would like, you can stop to visit the Blue Grotto in Capri, which is famous for its electric blue water inside. NOTE: Entrance fee to the Blue Grotto is not included in this boat excursion price.
Pass By: Green Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
See the beautiful Green Grotto and enjoy a swim in the incredibly beautiful water. This is one of the best spots to stop to swim around the island.
Pass By: Via Marina Piccola, 80073, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Cruise by the beautiful Marina Piccola on the southern side of the island of Capri.
Pass By: I Faraglioni, End of Via Tragara, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
See the majestic Faraglioni rocks up close and cruise right through the hole in the middle of the rocks.
Pass By: Punta Carena Lighthouse, Street Faro di Carena, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
At the southwestern tip of Capri you will see this pink and white lighthouse set on a cap jutting out into the sea.
Pass By: Villa Malaparte, Giro dell'Arco Naturale, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
A striking example of Italian modern architecture, this deep red hued villa is perched atop a rocky point on the island. The villa is not open to the public, but one of the best angles to see it is from the sea.
Pass By: Red Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Up close from the boat you can see the red coral below the water that has given this grotto its name.
Pass By: Grotta di Matromania, Giro del'Arco Naturale, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Gaze up at this striking grotto from the boat, which is the best spot to see this soaring grotto.
Pass By: Marina del Cantone, 80061, Massa Lubrense Italy
Stop to visit this peaceful seaside village with its Blue Flag beach and excellent restaurants.
Pass By: Li Galli, Amalfi Italy
Cruise through Li Galli islands, a small archipelago on the Amalfi Coast not far from Positano. You can stop to swim in the beautiful water here, too.
Pass By: Spiaggia Grande, Positano Italy
Enjoy free time in Positano to explore the famous Vertical City and shop it is many boutiques.
Pass By: Chiesa di Santa Maria Assunta e Cripta Medievale, Rampa Teglia Above Spaggia Grande Beach, Positano Italy
If you stop for free time in Positano, you can choose to visit the town's main church or opt for a visit to the medieval crypt and Roman ruins below the church.
Pass By: White Grotta, Capri, Island of Capri Italy
Gaze up at this gorgeous grotto and enjoy the breathtaking views of the natural landscape of Capri.
Departure Point :80067 Sorrento, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact the representative listed on your voucher the day before your excursion via phone call, text/ WhatsApp message. This is very important!
- At time of booking, please provide hotel or accommodation name (if applicable) and 2 contact numbers. We will be in touch with you the day before the excursion for any final details or questions.
- Cruise ship passengers MUST include the following information: ship name, docking time, and re-boarding time.
- NOTE: Our experienced captains monitor sea conditions continuously and are solely responsible for deeming them acceptable or not. If necessary, routes or itineraries can be changed by the captain at any time.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The boat tour will be refundable only if on the scheduled day the weather is deemed “unsafe” by the boat captain, in which case the provider will offer to either re-schedule or to honor a full refund. If the captain says that the weather and sea conditions are safe to go out, the boat tour is considered firm and non-refundable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All skippers and crew have been trained on essential COVID-19 protection and safety measures. Our boats are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before every guest arrives and throughout the day. A private boat excursion is the best way to tour the area with only your group and the skipper on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.