Private Bob Marley Nine Mile & Kingston Tour Combo from Montego Bay
This full day Bob Marley Reggae tour will take you to two of the legend's museums plus all of the late singer’s popular hangouts in one day. The tour includes a trip through the picturesque mountains into Nine Mile village where he was born and where he's now laid to rest, then to Hope Road in Jamaica’s capital, Kingston where he lived as an adult. The guided tour will offer you an intimate view into the life and times of the reggae legend. This is a must-do combination that is only offered by us. Wear comfortable walking shoes and casual clothing for the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees additional ($25 per adult/$12.50 per child at each venue)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Bob Marley Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Stop At: Discovery Bay, Discovery Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco “Dry Harbour” by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display (Park is temporarily closed for renovations). There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, Nine Mile, Jamaica
Bob Marley was born on February 6, 1945. He died on May 11th, 1981. Visiting this small town is a priority for all tourists. Nine Mile is a tiny village 3000ft in hills of St. Ann where Bob was born, and the place he’s now laid to rest.
An hour and a half tour of this settlement will leave you breathless. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions. Listen to the sounds of a live reggae band playing some of Bob Marley’s greatest hits while you tour. Still present, is his first home, utensils and bed he slept in as a young child.
The Nine Mile Tour includes his birth and resting place and the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body is laid to rest with his guitar. Feel free to look around. Many visitors testified that they felt the presence of Bob while visiting. After the Nine Mile tour you will be taken to the Bob Marley’s house in Kingston.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, 56 Hope Rd, Kingston Jamaica
Bob’s Victorian styled home, Now the Bob Marley museum, is filled with rich memories and treasured mementos, which seek to preserve the life and accomplishment of this great Jamaican and outstanding musician.
Enter the Museum and allow us to envelop you with the sights and sounds of Bob, as you take a guided tour of this Heritage Site. Our friendly, guides will escort you through the grounds, which include the main house, exhibition hall, theatre, gift shops and the One Love Café.
All the original rooms are been kept as they were when Bob lived here to ensure authenticity. The displays include a life size 3-dimensional hologram of Bob from the One Love Peace Concert in 1978, his Grammy Lifetime Achievement award, his personal recording studio, his bedroom, favourite clothing, a vast array of gold and platinum records received from all around the world, as well as the costumes of his back-up singers, the I-Threes. Live performances of Bob are shown on each guided tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Montego Bay Hotels. All customers are required to contact us at the information provided at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time to reconfirm your booking and to arrange a central pick up point.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Limited amount of child seats available
- Limited amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.