Private Bob Marley Nine Mile & Kingston Tour Combo from Runaway Bay
This full day Bob Marley Reggae tour will take you to two of the legend's museums plus all of the late singer’s popular hangouts in one day. The tour includes a trip through the picturesque mountains into Nine Mile village where he was born and where he's now laid to rest, then to Hope Road in Jamaica’s capital, Kingston where he lived as an adult. The guided tour will offer you an intimate view into the life and times of the reggae legend. This is a must-do combination that is only offered by us. Wear comfortable walking shoes and casual clothing for the tour.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees ($25 for adults/$12.50 for children at each venue)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Bob Marley Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, 6, 56 Hope Rd, Kingston, Jamaica
Bob’s Victorian styled home, Now the Bob Marley museum, is filled with rich memories and treasured mementos, which seek to preserve the life and accomplishment of this great Jamaican and outstanding musician.
Enter the Museum and allow us to envelop you with the sights and sounds of Bob, as you take a guided tour of this Heritage Site. Our friendly, guides will escort you through the grounds, which include the main house, exhibition hall, theatre, gift shops and the One Love Café.
All the original rooms have been kept as they were when Bob lived here to ensure authenticity. The displays include a life size 3-dimensional hologram of Bob from the One Love Peace Concert in 1978, his Grammy Lifetime Achievement award, his personal recording studio, his bedroom, favourite clothing, a vast array of gold and platinum records received from all around the world, as well as the costumes of his back-up singers, the I-Threes. Live performances of Bob are shown on each guided tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bob Marley Museum, Nine Mile, Jamaica
Bob Marley was born on February 6, 1945. He died on May 11th, 1981. Visiting this small town is a priority for all tourists. Nine Mile is a tiny village 3000ft in hills of St. Ann where Bob was born, and the place he’s now laid to rest.
An hour and a half tour of this settlement will leave you breathless. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions. Listen to the sounds of a live reggae band playing some of Bob Marley’s greatest hits while you tour. Still present, is his first home, utensils and bed he slept in as a young child.
The Nine Mile Tour includes his birth and resting place and the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body is laid to rest with his guitar. Feel free to look around. Many visitors testified that they felt the presence of Bob while visiting. After the Nine Mile tour you will be taken to the Bob Marley’s house in Kingston.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We Pick up from most Runaway Bay hotels. All customers booking this tour must contact us at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time at the information provided to reconfirm your booking and arrange a central pick up point if you are staying at other accommodations
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Limited amount of child seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Limited amount of wheelchair vehicles available
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- We pickup from most Runaway Bay Hotels. You must contact your local supplier at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to reconfirm your booking and arrange your pickup point if you are staying at a hotel or other accommodations
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- Dress code: Casual. Please wear comfortable clothing
- Things to take: Cash, Camera, Towels
- Please present either a printed or electronic voucher at pickup just for verification
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination
- Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
- There is a possibility that the pickup time might be changed base on the local traffic or inclement weather conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.