Private Budapest Street Art Tour with Local Expert
Budapest is a multifaceted city that will forever remain in your heart and memory. But you can make these memories even brighter and see the Hungarian capital through the eyes of locals. If you want to feel the vibe of the city, soak up local culture and see it in a unique light, come discover the Budapest urban art with a private local guide. On this street art tour you will explore the urban beauty of city landscapes.
• Explore Budapest's Jewish Quarter with its vibrant street artwork and murals that adorn its walls
• Immerse yourself in the city life of the city and discover the meaning of street art
• Learn about the diverse and ever-growing scene of Budapest's street art and its unique place in the modern culture of the city
• Enjoy a drink at a cozy local cafe
• Discover Budapest’s best ruin bars, the street art of District 7, designer stores, vintage stores, pop-up stores and the best street food in Budapest
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private walking tour
- A drink in a local ruin bar
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Map and further recommendations
- Iconic photo ops for photo lovers
- Multiple start times available
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Must see and off the beaten path
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks other than specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budapest, Budapest, Central Hungary
Nothing gives you a better understanding of the cultural features of modern Budapest than its street art. Immerse yourself in a scene that boldly grows and expands creative boundaries over the past few years on this private walking tour and learn about local the history, culture and politics of the city.
You will see murals, graffiti and other forms of street art. The more you explore, the more you will find amazed with Budapest’s Jewish quarter. Every street masterpiece contains the themes, socio-political context, and a lot of stories behind the artwork.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Jewish Quarter, Centre of 7th district, Budapest 1074 Hungary
You will walk around one of the central districts of Budapest, combine history and life, go from wall to wall, compare the creativity of different teams of artists. This private tour also includes visiting the so-called ruin bars. These Ruin bars came to Budapest since the founding of Szimpla Kert.
These bars were built in Budapest’s Old District 7, by neighborhood of already known the old Jewish quarter, in the ruins of abandoned buildings, stores, or lots. But you will not see big bars’ signs or hear a loud music over all district, because these bars look like usual houses from outside. When you go inside, you find yourself in the middle of underground atmosphere with crowds talking, dancing, and enjoying the life.
Since communism period, Budapest has been the center of alternative life in Eastern Europe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: District VII / Jewish Quarter, District VII / Jewish Quarter, Budapest, Central Hungary
You will dive into the past and present of the urban underground. You will follow the footsteps of informal art and learn about the life of bars and clubs of the 7th district.
You will learn about the development of this facet of the urban past and about the current life of Budapest. It will be interesting to learn about the relations with the government and the forms of resistance of the residents - from organizing squat houses with noisy parties and free concerts to creating unusual monuments of protest.
Such alternative Budapest will surprise you and you will look at the city from a completely different perspective. That’s the beauty of exploring, isn’t it?
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rentalYou don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.