Private Camel Ride in High Atlas Mountains from Marrakech
No trip to Morocco is complete without a camel ride. Enjoy a private full-day excursion into the Atlas Mountains on the back of one of a 'ship of the desert.' For centuries, camels were a traditional means of transport in North Africa before motorized vehicles replaced them, and donkeys, as primary modes for carrying people and goods. The guided excursion also includes lunch and a short hike through some traditional Berber villages.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport during the trip
- Professional driver
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- A professional driver picks you up from your Marrakech hotel shortly before 9am for the 1-hour drive to the small town of Asni, surrounded by fertile farmland and known for its lively weekly market held every Saturday. Enjoy bucolic scenery along the way as you wind through the Berber countryside, passing picturesque villages, citrus orchards, and rose gardens.
On arrival, board your camel and enjoy a 2-hour ride through the mountains. After your camel ride, continue with your driver to the Imlil Valley at the foot of Mt. Toubkal, the highest peak in Morocco at 13,671 feet (4,167 meters). Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch at a local guesthouse before a short hike of approximately one hour through some Berber villages. Following your walk, your driver meets you for the return drive to Marrakech. Your tour ends at your hotel in the evening.
Departure Point :Pick up from your Hotel in Marrakech
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.