Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans
Recently awarded the 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year Award, this trip offers a 1-hour private carriage which is perfect for couples or small families who are looking to experience the French Quarter in the most authentic way. Ride through the historic neighborhoods of New Orleans and discover the amazing history, culture, and architecture of the French Quarter with your local, professional, and licensed guide who will be guiding you through one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in America with the help of his trusted carriage mule. Learn the basics of New Orleans history and discover fascinating anecdotes about the people and places that have contributed to making the city truly unique and unforgettable. This is limited to 4 people.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1-Hour Carriage Ride through French Quarter
- Private Carriage (Seats up to 4)
- Fully Narrated Historic Tour of French Quarter and surrounding areas
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Gratuities are not included but are recommended.
- Snacks and beverages are not included but are allowed.
- Alcoholic drinks are not included but can be purchased nearby.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
The Carriage is boarded at the carriage stand located at 700 St. Louis Street, across the street from the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel and the world-famous restaurants, Brennan's & Antoine's.
Once your private carriage arrives, hop aboard and ask your carriage driver to take a picture of your group. The carriage tour will be 1-hour in duration, traveling through the French Quarter. The guides are top-rated, local, professional, and licensed through the City of New Orleans. There are no set routes or scripts. Cherish the uniqueness of the tour guide's tours and personalities and encourage them to let their passion shine through their curated tour information. With that being said, the Tours provide passengers the opportunity to customize the carriage tour information to suit the needs. If you have a special tour request, make sure the carriage driver knows right away.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Faubourg Marigny, New Orleans, LA
You'll also travel through this charming historic New Orleans neighborhood, dating back to the early 1800s.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Your private mule-drawn carriage will roll past iconic New Orleans landmarks and locations, such as the Louisiana Supreme Court Building, the Napoleon House, and Jackson Square.
Pass By: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
See the Saint Louis Cathedral, the oldest continuously active cathedral in the U.S.
Pass By: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
The French Market is a historic marketplace along the Mississippi River.
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Travel along Bourbon Street, the French Quarter's liveliest and wildest thoroughfare, where the rhythmic sounds of jazz, country western, Dixieland and sultry blues permeate the air.
Pass By: Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
See Royal Street, full of unusual shops and one of the city's most historic streets.
Pass By: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
The private carriage tour may be able to visit St. Louis Cemetery if the reservation is scheduled between the hours of 9am-2pm, Monday - Saturday.
Departure Point :700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers with disabilities: If you are traveling with someone with limited mobility, please let us know in advance by calling (504) 943-8820 so that we can be prepared to assist him or her into the carriage. We may arrange for your carriage to board at a different location, where strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs can be left behind, and where we can provide assistance to those individuals.
- Cemetery: visit Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on all reservations booked between 9am-2pm with the exceptions of holidays and unannounced funerals. Once arrived at the cemetery, tour participants will be granted entry, receiving a private walking tour with her or her guide. The cemetery has lots of uneven and muddy surfaces that are not suitable for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
- In favorable weather conditions, including rain. We ask that all tour participants please dress appropriately for this for the weather.
- This tour activity is subject to be canceled due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning. By providing a contact cell phone number, we are then able to notify you immediately if there are any changes to your tour activity in regards to weather and or traffic conditions and provide you with the opportunity to reschedule to a better date or time.
- Adults over the age of 21 are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages onboard the carriage. Passengers who appear to be intoxicated will not be allowed to ride the carriage, for safety reasons. This is strictly enforced.
- Pictures are always allowed and encouraged on the carriage during your tour. Please feel free to share your mule-drawn pictures online with your friends. The personally curated tour is proprietary information of the carriage driver. Video filming is only allowed by first asking permission of your carriage driver.
- Tickets are non-refundable once a purchase is completed, and cannot be rescheduled. There are no refunds or reschedules for missed tour appointments. An example of a missed tour appointment is 5 minutes past the scheduled time.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand washing stations available
- Carriages are deep cleaned
- Plexiglass is installed between seats
- Employees receive temperature checks before each shift
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.