Private City Day Tour of Bagan
Feel like a modern-day Indiana Jones as you enjoy a 9.5-hour private guided group tour of Myanmar’s Bagan archaeological zone. Explore this historic city of more than 2,000 pagodas and temples aboard an air-conditioned vehicle. You’ll tour key structures like Schwezigon Pagoda, Ananda Pahto, and learn about the city’s cultural, religious and historical significance. Cap off your day by watching the sun set behind Bagan’s ancient red-brick facades.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour with professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Temples
- Entry/Admission - Ananda Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The day starts with a morning pick up from your centrally located hotel in Bagan. Set along a spectacular landscape stretching away from the Ayeyarwaddy River and dotted with thousands of 800-year old temple ruins, the Bagan Archaeological Zone is a must visit on any trip to Myanmar.
Follow your private guide as you visit Bagan highlights like Schwezigon Pagoda, a stupa with a graceful bell shape that became a prototype for virtually all later stupas over Myanmar. Continue to Gubyaukhyi Temple at Wetkyi-Inn, originally built in the early 13th century and repaired in 1468. You’re sure to be amazed by the colorful paintings depicting the previous life of Buddha and the distinguished architecture that make this temple a visitor favorite.
Proceed next to Ananda Pahto, one of the finest, largest, best-preserved and most-revered of the Bagan temples. Thought to have been built around 1105 by King Kyanzittha, this perfectly-proportioned temple heralds the stylistic end of the Early Bagan period and the beginning of the site’s Middle period.
Your guide will continue your journey by leading you around Bagan to explore numerous temples and sights, including a lacquerware workshop in one of the local villages. As the sun sets you will end your trip with the perfect photo opportunity, witnessing the brilliance of Bagan and its historic landmarks as they glow in the late-afternoon light. End the day with a drop-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel (selected hotels only)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair not accessible
- Please dress appropriately as it can get very hot during the summer period.
- Please provide contact phone number that you can be reached on while in Bagan
- Minimum 2 people required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.