Private Cold War Berlin Tour
• 4-hour private walking tour of Berlin’s Cold War site, including a hotel pickup and drop off
• See the Berlin Wall, the Palace of Tears (Traenenpalast), the Soviet Embassy and hidden areas of the Death Strip
• Learn about the military tension between the United States and its NATO allies and the Soviet Union and its allies
• Hear about the CIA, KGB and Stasi surveillance techniques
• Get to know how life was for Berlin's citizens during the Cold War
• Great for history buffs!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Berlin, Berlin
Discover the divided city of Berlin, retrace the often ghost-like trail of the death strip and the Berlin Wall, coming upon some of the more intriguing fortifications of its border, from guard towers to tank traps. Walk along Bernauer Strasse, site of many remarkable escape attempts.
Learn of successful and failed escapes in the face of a Border Command that would sooner follow the order of 'shoot to kill' than allow the heinous crime of 'flight from the Republic'.
Discover the methods of the Stasi (East German State Security) and learn about the systems, devices and people that kept the entire East German population under surveillance for 40 years. Who were the key figures in the GDR leadership and where are they today?
Get an extraordinary insight into what it meant to live in the GDR, the eastern bloc’s most heavily policed state. What was it like to live "Behind the Wall"?
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.