Private Cotopaxi Volcano Expedition Day
Fall in love with the enchanting mountain range of the Andes in Ecuador, feel the wind rush around you as you walk between villages and meet the local people. Be amazed with the stunning surroundings of the Limpiopungo Lagoon at the foothills of the volcano and dare to visit one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, Cotopaxi, which has a perfectly symmetrical cone at 5,897 m (19,347 ft) high. Finally, have a local taste of delicious Andean food.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation: Comfortable land transportation.
- Bilingual certified english speaking guide
- Fees and entrance to the Cotopaxi National Park.
- Typical Lunch
- Hiking sticks
- Entry/Admission - Cotopaxi National Park
- Entry/Admission - Laguna de Limpiopungo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
We will depart to the south of Quito towards the highest active volcano in the world. The Cotopaxi is surrounded by its National Park, home to abundant plant life, a rich fauna, and Inca ruins. Leaving Quito on the Panamericana South, we reach the Park entrance and begin our visit to the natural history museum before continuing up Cotopaxi. We ascend the mountain as high as possible to the parking lot at 4500 meters. From here, a short 45-minutes walk takes us up to the refuge to observe a variety of birds and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Laguna de Limpiopungo, Latacunga Ecuador
Visit Limpiopungo lagoon at 3800 meters above sea level, located at the foothills of Cotopaxi volcano. Its clear but icy waters are surrounded by small hills and hills. It has a magnificent panorama for photography in a frame of elevations such as Cotopaxi, Sincholagua and Rumiñahui. Here your guide will explain you about the habitat of a big variety of birds, herds of llamas and some other species of mammals, especially rabbits and deer.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick ups from hotels located in Quito old town and new town.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.