Private Cruise Shore Excursion From Valparaiso: Penguin Island
One of our most popular shore excursions. A spectacular tour of Chile’s beautiful central coastline visiting small villages and coves, and spot some penguins in Cachagua!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Transportation from Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso
- Multilingual Guide
- Bottled Water
- Optional Boat Ride around Penguin Island (weather permitting)
- Entry/Admission - Isla Los Pinguinos Cachagua
What's excluded :
- Optional Gratuity for Guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Valparaiso Region
We pick up directly at the Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso. Whether tendering or docking, guests should walk through the cruise terminal building to the exit where they will find their guide holding a "Chile Dream Tours" sign.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Isla Los Pinguinos Cachagua, Avenida Del Mar, Zapallar Chile
After your pick up from the cruise terminal in Valparaiso, we travel up the Pacific coastline to the town of Cachagua. We will be a short distance from “Penguin Island” where on most days we will be able to catch glimpses of penguins by the naked eye or using binoculars. You will have the option of walking on a beautifully carved pathway to view the penguins from shore or, weather permitting, take a small fisherman’s boat around the island for closer viewing of the penguins.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Valparaiso Passenger Terminal (VTP), Nudo Baron Sin Numero, Valparaíso, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up directly at the Cruise Terminal in Valparaiso. Guests should walk through the cruise terminal building to the exit where they will find their guide holding a "Chile Dream Tours" sign.Ports
- Valparaiso Passenger Terminal (VTP), Nudo Baron Sin Numero, Valparaíso, Chile
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- In order to sight the penguins from shore it is necessary to walk around 1,500 feet on the beach, so we recommend wearing appropriate footwear.
- Penguin sightings from the shore are most common during the summer months of November to March. During these months there are several hundred penguins on the island. Between April and October, the penguin population reduces to only a dozen or so. Therefore, please be aware that during these months it may not be possible to see the penguins from the shore. You will have the option of taking a one-hour private boat ride around the island – weather permitting – for closer viewing of the penguins. Please note your interest in taking this optional boat ride when you complete the reservation form.
- The boat ride option is not recommended for those guests prone to sea sickness.
- This tour is available daily. The boat ride around Penguin Island for closer viewing of the penguins is weather-permitting (waves must be under 1.9 meters high).
- Tour length may vary depending on amount of time in Port and itinerary may be modified accordingly.
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing. You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.