Private Cultural Day Trip to Bago from Yangon
Explore Bago Hantharwaddy Kingdom and various ancient pagodas with our professional English speaking local guide. Learn some history and architectures of Han people back in 15th century, be amazed with the marvelous designs and structure. You will explore the bustling local market and visit to Shwe Nyaung Pin Nat Shrine, Shwethalyaung Buddha, Kyakhatwine Monastery, Kyaikpu Pagoda and Shwemawdaw Pagoda. Learn the history of the Palace of King Bayinnaung and stop at Htauk Kyant Common Wealth War Cemetery on the way back to Yangon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tea/ Coffee
- All transportation charges by private vehicle
- All entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Shwethalyaung Buddha
What's excluded :
- Beverages & Beer
- Personal expenses
- Items/ services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shwethalyaung Buddha, Bago Myanmar
Your guide will meet you at 7 am in your hotel and drive to Bago which is a Mon ancient kingdom about two hour, 80 km away from Yangon. It was a royal palace of Mon and Myanmar Kings in 15th century and also known as Hantharwaddy Kingdom under the Mon. So there was not only a lot of interesting pagodas but there was also an old Kanbawzathardi Palace built in AD 1567. You can observe the beautiful landscape, crop plantations, rice fields, scenery of nature and small towns on your left and right sides to Bago.
On the way to Bago, you can make a stop at Shwe Nyaung Pin Nat Shrine and explore bustling local market in Htauk Kyant. There was a lot of ancient pagodas and your guide will lead you to the most interesting places such as Shwetharlyaung Pagoda that was the most beautiful reclining Buddha image in Myanmar and it has 55 meters length and 15 meters height built in AD994, observe the offering meals to a thousand of monks in Kyakhatwine Monastery, Kyaikpun Pagoda which was four gigantic Buddha images seating back to back and face the four cardinal points of the compass, more than 2500 years old Shwemawdaw Pagoda built and worshiped by ancient Mon people, Hinthakone Pagoda where you can see the ceremony in honour of nats, Mahazedi built by King Bayinnaung in 1560 AD and Snake Monastery. Visit to toddy shop and taste the natural licquer producing from toddy-palm.
In the afternoon, back to Yangon and make a stop in the front of Htauk Kyant Commom Wealth War Cemetry that was buried 27000 allied soldiers died during the World War 2 and continue to Yangon.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travellers at their lodging hotels or any places situated in Yangon.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.