Private Day out in Chennai by Auto-rickshaw
Go past some of the famous streets and markets of Chennai in a colorful auto-rickshaw. This unique ride will let you experience the sights and sounds of this bustling city from close quarters. Unlike travel by an air-conditioned car that keeps out all the noise of the city, you will be able to experience the vibrant energy of the city as you move along. You can step out and walk along at interesting spots to catch a closer glimpse and then hop on again as your guide takes you along the itinerary.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by auto-rickshaw (non-air-conditioned)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: All Women Police Station Anna Salai, Anna Salai, Opp to Spencer Plaza, Express Estate, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002, India
You will be picked up from fixed point / hotel leave for sightseeing.
Anna Salai or Mount Road, as it was previously called, is the main arterial street of Chennai. It starts at Cooum Creek, south of Fort St. George and ends in Guindy. The area is over 400 years old and is lined by the offices of some of the oldest commercial establishments in Chennai. The road started off as a cart track used by European employees of the British East India Company for travel from the factory at Fort St. George to the church at St. Thomas Mount.
Pass By: Marina Beach Road, Chennai (Madras) 600005 India
Beach Road (drive past)
The Beach Road leads up to Marina Beach, the longest natural urban beach in India. Hop off the auto-rickshaw here and take in the splendid views of the sea and the harbour before continuing with your ride.
Pass By: Chennai Central Railway Station, General Hospital Rd Kannappar Thidal, Periyamet, Chennai (Madras) 600003 India
Chennai Central is the main railway station of Chennai. The century old building of the station is a major landmark of the city. It is built in a combination of Gothic and Romanesque architecture styles and is today a heritage building. The clock tower and flagstaff are prominent fixtures of the façade. The clock chimes every quarter of an hour.
Pass By: Parry's Corner, NSC Bose Road Intersection of North Beach Road, Chennai (Madras) India
Parry’s Corner is another landmark of Chennai that is located near Fort St. George. It is home to the second oldest business house in India that was established by Thomas Parry, a Welshman, more than 225 years ago. The area around Parry’s Corner was referred to as Georgetown during the colonial period. The first European settlement in Chennai developed in this area.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Departure Point :Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in ChennaiAirports
- Chennai International Airport, Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027, India
- 1 Rajaji Salai, Chennai Port Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.