Private Day Return Trip to Golden Rock from Yangon
Kyaiktiyo Pagoda is built on the top of a mountain and one of Myanmar's most prominent pilgrimage sites.
According to legend, the rock and pagoda were placed here atop a strand of the Buddha's hair over two thousand years ago by a celestial king. While there's much debate around historical accuracy, the panoramic views from the Rock are stunning.
per adult from
13 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English Speaking Guide
- Golden Rock Entrance Fee
- Bottled water
- Open air truck ride to Golden Rock base camp
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Tips for guide and driver
- Travel Insurance
- Breakfast and dinner
- Cable car
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
Time and tide wait for no man. That’s why this excursion to Golden Rock leaves Yangon early in the morning. After approximately five hours you'll arrive in Kinpun, the base camp of Mt. Kyaiktiyo. Here you'll rest before boarding open trucks that take you up the mountain. From Yathetaung, you can either take a cable car (10 minutes) to the summit or hike it (~1 hour).
Once atop the 1,100 metre mountain, you’ll be at one of Myanmar’s top pilgrimage sights. The Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, a magnificent gilded stupa upon a massive golden rock, seemingly defying gravity and amazing thousands of visitors each year. After enjoying the spectacular panoramic views and the serenity of the Golden Rock, you’ll head back to Kinpun and then Yangon.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sule Shangri-La, Yangon, #223 Sule Pagoda Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Yangon.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.