Private Day Tour: Architecture and Hungarian Secession in Serbia
Admire great architecture on this private tour and explore several finest examples of Hungarian secession architecture style in Serbia. Tour includes visiting true gems of secession architecture such as Palic lake, Subotica town and Sombor. On top of that you will have a chance to enjoy authentic experience on a local farm with some exquisite food and warm hosts.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Lunch ~15€ per person Dida Hornjak’s farm
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palic Lake, Palic Serbia
Meet your guide at the chosen meeting point and travel to Palić, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Vojvodina.
Its popularity dates way back into the time, when this part of Vojvodina was part of Austro-Hungarian monarchy and destination for leisure or treatment with water and mud from the lake. But our primary interest in Palić is not in its spa features, but in beautiful architecture of early 20th century. The famous architects from Budapest, Marcell Komor and Dezso Jakab designed the whole central area of Great Park with its most important buildings: Water tower, Grand terrace, Women’s lido and Memorial well.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Subotica, Subotica, Vojvodina
From Palic lake we continue to Subotica, a city which is definitely the most important economic, cultural and administrative centre of Bačka region in North of Serbia. One of the best examples of Art Nouveau is Ferenz Raichl's unique façade decoration on the main pedestrian street Korzo, together with the City Hall at the main city square surrounded by two fountains made from Zsolnay ceramics. Another remarkable sight is the Synagogue, often referred to as “one of the most beautiful Synagogues in this part of Europe” , it is for sure something you must visit in Subotica.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sombor, Sombor, Vojvodina
After we finish with exploring beautiful Subotica the road will take us through very heart of Bačka plain and after less than 1-hour drive we arrive in Sombor, Greentown, as locals usually call it. Visit the city center and see the Municipality building, Carmelite’s church, fantastic squares and parks. In this charming town you can spot many Art Noveau buildings which keeps the spirit of old times and Austro-Hungerian influence.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dida Hornjakov Salaš, Gradina 65, Sombor 422020, Serbia
Next we leave Sombor and head to Dida Horanjak’s farm (household), famous for its authenticity, exquisite food and warm hosts. The farm is over 100 years old and all objects and items are authentic, but thanks to love and dedication of Hornjak’s descendants everything seams new and spotless.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.