Private Day Tour - Expedition to Fagradalsfjall Volcano in Iceland
Five stars rating Private Tour on Viator!
This is a full personal and custom experience for you and your party with local guides: about 75 minutes walking each way and up to 90 minutes at the volcanic eruption site. We offer energy bars, energy drinks, Icelandic glacier water, and the best; you are in charge of the walking pace.
On our tours, we provide:
Portable gas detector (O2, H2S, CO, EX)
Gas mask available if the level exceeds the recommended limits.
Walking poles available on request
Our private tours are suitable for everyone, including seniors and families with small kids. We don't have a bus full of people, a guide rushing you to walk faster, or even leaving you behind. With us, all is about you, and you are everything to us!
Volcanic activity is changing every day, enlarging the site on such a significant daily basis, making the experience different day by day.
We recommend layering up with rain gear and cold-weather clothing. Icelandic weather changes rapidly.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Trekking Poles
- Bottle of Icelandic Glacier Water
- Isotonic Energy Gel
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bar
- Gas Mask protection with M3 gas filter
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fagradalsfjall, Iceland
This is a private hiking tour to the Fagradalsfjall volcanic eruption in Iceland. About 75 minutes walking each way, and up to 90 minutes at the volcanic eruption site.
The starting point to meet our local guides is in Grindavík town, 10 min drive from the hiking trail. If you need transportation, please book the tour with this option.
Your tour guide will offer you an overview of the area and other important geological information about the Reykjanes Peninsula, where this volcanic eruption is located.
The hiking distance is about 10km (6.2 miles) and is moderate, including parts of the path with some elevated hills. The elevation is 343m (1125 ft). You hike for about 75 min (3.1 miles) each way, and we spend around 90 minutes at the eruption site taking pictures, having some snacks, and enjoying this unique event.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Geo Hotel Grindavik, Víkurbraut 58, Grindavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
For other accommodations or hotels not listed, please send us here the information.Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.