Private day-tour from Angouleme: Facets of Cognac : Brand, Distillery, Cooperage
In this full day private tour, explore the Cognac country with an English-speaking cognac expert / local guide driving you to a famous Cognac house (Rémy Martin, Martell or Courvoisier).
Naturally, you will have the opportunity to have a cognac tasting at the end of the visit.
After lunch (not included), you will go to a cooperage and finally to a craft distillery which is supplying major brands and producing its own cognacs.
Enjoy your tastings and meetings with craft people living in this charming terroir and do not worry about driving, your expert guide will take you to all the places in a comfortable private vehicle.
per adult from
What's included :
- Cognac tastings
- Driver - cognac expert guide
- Transportation by a private air-conditioned car or minivan - Bottled water provided
- Visit of a world famous cognac brand estate ending by a tasting of some products
- Visit of a craft distillery, meeting the family owner who prosent their products for a tasting.
- Visit of a craft cooperage under operation (week days).
What's excluded :
- Personal purchases and souvenirs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jarnac, Jarnac, Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In the town of Jarnac, you will visit a world famous cognac house where you will be presented its history, the elaboration of its products. The visit will end by a tasting of some of its products.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Segonzac, Segonzac, Charente, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Segonzac is located in the heart of the vineyard of cognac.
From there, we'll tour the vineyard.
We'll stop at a craft distillery, meeting the distiller, visiting the estate from the vine to the glass. The visit will end by a tasting of some of its products.
Nearby, you will enter a cooperage (barrel factory) where oak barrels are produced. This visit helps to understand the chemistry between wood and alcohol during the ageing process of cognac.
The cooperage is open only on week days.If it is not open, you will another family estate with a very different history and it own philosophy of making cognacs.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Angoulême Gare SNCF, 16006 Angoulême, France
2: Office de tourisme du Pays d'Angoulême, 1 Place de l'Hôtel de ville, 16000 Angoulême, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for tastings is 18 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) and in July and August, cooperages are closed. The visit is replaced by a winery visit.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.