Private Day Tour - Sacred Journey to Namo Buddha
It is said that in a previous life, the future Buddha Siddhartha Gautama was a prince living here on the rim of the Kathmandu Valley. One day he encountered a hungry tigress that had just given birth to tiger cubs. She lay weak and dying, and unable to feed her newborns. In true personal sacrifice that was characteristic of Lord Buddha, he offered his arm which brought life back to the tigress, saving her life and the life of her cubs.
Namo Buddha is one of three wonderful Buddhist pilgrimage sites around the greater Kathmandu Valley. Two are within a short distance from Thamel, but this one is up beyond the ridge. From here are magnificent views of the Himalayas. Pass the world’s tallest statue of Lord Shiva on the way as he stands guard over the Kathmandu Valley.
It is a wonderful day trip featuring incredible scenery as well as unique Buddhist spirituality. Travel by private car with your knowledgeable guide for a truly amazing journey.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (Inside Ring Road and Bouddha area)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Namo Buddha (Stupa)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Namo Buddha (Stupa), Kathmandu Nepal
Before Lord Buddha could become the enlightened one, he grew into the position through a series of rebirths. In one previous life, he was a prince here in the region of Namo Buddha. It was in a cave that he discovered a tigress that way dying from hunger. Exhausted from giving birth to her cubs, she laid there with life fading from her eyes. Lord Buddha as the prince offered himself to her so she could feed and raise her cubs. He sacrificed himself so she could live
Namo Buddha commemorates this event with a beautiful monastery. Overlooking the snowcapped peaks of the Himalayas to the north, it sits just beyond the Kathmandu Valley Rim. Namo Buddha is a butter lamp burning before sacred idols. See the spot where Lord Buddha offered himself. Walkabout and experience the amazing serenity of this awesome place.
The walls are rich in symbolism as only found in Tibetan Buddhism. Demons and deities gaze down at you from the colorful walls. Buddhist monks perform pujas and then come to study, seeking their own enlighten.
The journey to the Namo Buddha trip is half the fun as you pass through quaint villages while the road rises higher and higher. You see the world’s tallest statue of Lord Shiva, who stands in a protective pose over the Kathmandu Valley. Travel higher to discover the beautiful city of Dhulikhel with its own interesting temples as well as the spatial view of the snowcapped peaks.
It is a day without the hustle and bustle of the Kathmandu Valley. You will enjoy the journey even more with your knowledgeable, English speaking guide. He will explain to you the symbolism of Tibetan Buddhism that will bring alive the story of Lord Buddha in this incredible sacrifice to save a tiger and her cubs.
In any adventure in Nepal, don’t miss Namo Buddha.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your hotels inside ring road including Boudha and Bhaktapur.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.