Private Day Tour to Iron Gate Gorge and Lepenski Vir
Join this Danube private tour taking you on a exploration of the history of this part of Europe. Natural characteristics of the Iron Gates are the main cause for the vibrant history of this part of the Danube. Take an advantage from having a private guide who will respect to your specific interests and share his experience.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Admission: Golubac Fortress ~5€ per person; Lepenski vir ~5€ per person
- Lunch 10€ per person at Captain Misa's Hill
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Golubac Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golubac Fortress, Djerdap National Park, Golubac Serbia
The guide will pick you up from your address in Belgrade at 9am (start time can be customized on request) and after an hour and a half drive through the heart of the Braničevo county, we reach the bank of Danube and the Golubac fortress. This Medieval town is placed at the entrance of the Iron Gates and touches Danube waters with part of its walls. Many legends are connected to this fortress and four of them are in relation to its name. There is no reliable data about the fortification’s construction date, only assumption that it was built in the 13th century. You'll learn more about the place from your guide who will accompany you during a walk through the fortresses towers, gates and walkways. He will share stories about legends which are related to the fortress and some of them are in relation to its name.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lepenski Vir, Donji Milanovac, Serbia
Straight from Golubac we continue down the Danube through the gorge and after 30 minutes we arrive to Lepenski vir – the oldest organized settlement in Europe. The settlement was founded around 8000 BC and lasted till 4500 BC when people of Lepenski vir moved on. The archaeological site is in perfect condition and it consists of several parts. Uniqueness of this place, is the fact that the whole settlement was relocated from its original location retaining absolutely the same items and set-up from the time when people of Lepenski vir lived there. On the spot you'll learn about the discovery, why the site was relocated and more about why this settlement is important for European civilization.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Iron Gates, Romania
Continue the tour through the town of Donji Milanovac, towards the prettiest part of Iron Gate, gorges Mali and Veliki kazan (Small and Big boilers), two ravines which are the reason why the gorge is named the Iron Gates. While you admire the views over the Danube which divides Serbia and Romania, your guide will explain everything you need to know about the spot.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kapetan Misin breg, Donji Milanovac, Serbia
After walking and enjoying the views we stop for a deserved lunch break. Best possible place to experience local hospitality, food and charm is Captain’s Misa Hill ethnic complex where kind hosts serve traditional local food in authentic surroundings with the most fascinating view.
After lunch we will go back to Belgrade where we arrive in the evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.