Private Day Tour to Popa and Salay from Bagan
Book this full-day tour to explore the culture and history near Ayeyarwaddy River by visiting the famous Yoke Sone Kyaung Monastery in Salay and the heritage museum of the famous writer Salay U Pone Nya during the time of the Myanmar Kings. Also visit the Popa Taungkalat Shrine, the home of 37 animist spirit entities, statues of which can be found at its base.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transfer by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Mineral waters and refreshing towels
- All taxes & services charge
- Entry/Admission - Yokesone Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yokesone Monastery, Yokesone, Sale Myanmar
Pick-up from your hotel in Bagan or Nyaung U at 8:00 am and then drive along Ayeyarwaddy River to Salay (approx. 1.5 hours).
En route stop by the Chauk provincial local markets. This is a wonderful place to explore Myanmar culture and cheap shops for souvenirs. After 30 minutes you will arrive Yokesone Monastery which is very famous for spectacular wood cravings built in AD 1882. Also, it is the native town of the famous writer Salay U Pone Nya during the time of the Myanmar Kings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
Stop at the Popa Mountain resort with panoramic views of the mountain. After some refreshment head to Mount Popa that is 1518 meters high with extinct volcano from Popa Mountain. The Popa Taungkalat Shrine is the home of 37 Mahagiri Nats or aminist spirit entities, statues of which can be found at its base. To reach the top, you need to remove shoes and socks and climb the 777 steps to the summit. Along the way there re a multitude of monkeys expecting treats. When the tour ends, you will be transferred back to your hotel in the evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up Nyaung U airport and all hotels from Nyaung U, Old Bagan and New Bagan areas.Airports
- Nyaung-u Airport, Nyaung U, Bagan Myanmar
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide, subject to availability. Please advise your preference at the time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.