Private Day Tour to Royal Town Topola and Oplenac Mausoleum
At just 80 kilometres from Belgrade lies the small town of Topola, rich in history and once Serbia's administrative and political center. From your private guide you will hear amazing stories about Serbian revolution and royal family Karađorđevic, which ruled Serbia in 19th and 20th century. Explore the region and discover its rich history, breathtaking nature, good cuisine and wine production.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Lunch 15€ per person
- Admission: Royal complex ~4€ per person
- Wine tasting at Aleksandrovic winery~2.5€ per glass of wine
- Entry/Admission - Saint George Church and Royal Mausoleum Oplenac
- Entry/Admission - Winery Aleksandrovic
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Topola, Topola, Central Serbia
We will pick you up at 10am from your hotel and after an hour long drive you’ll reach Topola. Our first stop in exploration of Oplenac is Karađorđe’s Town, a spot which once was a fortress in 19th century, built by great Serbian hero Karađorđe and founder of a dynasty Karađorđevic. Today this complex is turned into a museum where you will have a chance to hear more about First Serbian uprising against Ottoman empire which turned into a revolution.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Saint George Church and Royal Mausoleum Oplenac, Topola Serbia
From Karađorđe’s Town we move up to the top of Oplenac where we continue our exploration with gorgeous mausoleum of family Karađorđević, Saint George’s Church. In this church 27 members of royal family were buried. Significant characteristic of the church is its mosaic interior decoration with 40 million pieces in 15,000 shades of color.
Next to the church we will visit a family house which is turned into a museum with many valuable gifts and artifacts given to royal family Karađorđević during time.
From the top of the hill we continue to nearby royal winery. King Peter I planted vineyards on 38 hectares from which they made superb wines well known for their quality among major European royal courts. One of the oldest wine collections in Serbia is presented over here, in authentic package dating from 1931.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Winery Aleksandrovic, Village of Vinca, Topola 34310 Serbia
Our trip continues to nearby village Vinca and famous Winary Aleksandrovic. This village have a long tradition of producing wines starting back to the Romans which named this village after wine- Vincea. Aleksandrovic winery is considered as a top quality winery in Serbia, with a long tradition of producing wine. There is a possibility to organize wine tasting in this winery as well as wine purchase.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Divljakovac, Vojvode Putnika, Aranđelovac, Serbia
When we finish with history and wine we move on to Aranđelovac town, to ethnic village where typical local cuisine expects us in authentic Šumadija ambient. In this restaurant you will feel like local, enjoying in magnificent view and tasty lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.