Private Day Tour to Sigulda from Riga
Breathtaking views and ancient history-all in one. This day tour offers a lot more than just beautiful views. You will see an ancient history and a lot more. Castles, castle ruins and evidence of old cultures can be found in this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Sigulda is often called the Latvian Switzerland. Evidence of the Liv culture can be found in several places in Turaida. Sigulda Castle ruins have major historical and cultural significance, too. Sigulda is the centre of different sports activities. The Sigulda Luge and Bobsleigh Track is a training venue for Latvia’s Olympic team and hosts international and national scale competitions every year. This tour includes 3 stops, one at Turaida castle, one at Sigulda castle and one at Luge and Bobsleigh Track. This will be an amazing experience. During the summer time it is possible to try our the Luge and Bobsleigh Track by using sledge and during winter time you may be lucky and see some competition going on there.
Duration approximately 5-6 hours (2 hours traveling to and back from Sigulda). This will be quite a long trip as Sigulda is about 1 hour away from Riga. The day will start with your pick up from the hotel. Then you will have 1 hour to ask all the questions you want to the guide. On the way to Sigulda you will see the beautiful Gauja River. Sigulda is one of the must see places when you are in Latvia, while it is most beautiful during the autumn months, there will be a lot to see during all other months as well. In Sigulda, you will make 3 stops totaling about 3-4 hours. You can take the hundred step stairs up in the hill or just start from the top of the hill, but don't miss out on the beautiful view and forests.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Riga Hotel
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Tour ends where agreed
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required (can be less persons, but then have to pay full 3 person price)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.