Private Day Tour To Sripuram Golden Temple From Chennai
On this day trip from Chennai, visit the Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple at Sripuram. The temple is gilded with gold. Nearly 3 300 pounds of pure gold was used in the construction of this temple, which is twice the amount used at the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth.
• Sripuram Golden Temple, largest temple of gold in the world
• Vellore Fort
• Jalakandeswarar Temple
• Government Museum.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Vellore Fort
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sri Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple, Sri Narayani Peedam, Thirumalaikodi, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632055, India
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Sripuram Lakshmi Narayani Temple that is located at a distance of 90 miles from Chennai. The drive to the temple takes around three hours.
Upon arrival, take in the beauty of this Golden Temple, the largest in the world. The temple is built in the middle of a star shaped path. The intricately designed gold covering of the temple was manually created by artisans specializing in temple art. Every single detail in the temple art has significance from the ancient Indian texts, the Vedas. A pond is located within the temple complex that contains water from all the major rivers of India.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vellore Fort, Vellore India
Next visit the 16th century Vellore Fort that was built by the Vijayanagara Kings. The deep moat of the fort was once swarming with 10 000 crocodiles that made the fort impregnable. The fort houses a temple, mosque and a church. The Vellore Christian Hospital and several government buildings are also located within the fort. Visit the Jalakandeswarar Temple which is very fine example of Vijayanagara architecture and has some exquisite sculptures. The Government Museum is also worth a visit. It contains objects of art, weapons, sculptures, bronzes, wood carvings and handicrafts.
After the tour of the fort, you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Vellore Fort visit timings : 09.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. & 03.00 to 05.00 p.m.
- Sripuram Golden Temple visit timings: 08.00 a.m. to 08.00 p.m.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.