Private Day Tour to UNESCO site Felix Romuliana
For the lovers of Roman history Felix Romuliana is a very significant place. This royal residence of a Roman Emperor Galerius dates from IV century and it is one of the most excellently preserved palaces of that period in Europe. No wonder that this UNESCO's World Heritage Site attracts tourists from all over the world.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Admission: Felix Romuliana archaeological site ~3€ per person
- Lunch ~15€ per person
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Felix Romuliana in Gamzigrad
- Entry/Admission - Narodni Muzej Zajecar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Felix Romuliana in Gamzigrad, Zajecar Serbia
Guide will meet you at your hotel or other place of your stay in Belgrade and we will continue to Gamzigrad. During our ride you will hear many interesting local stories from your guide and have a chance to enjoy beautiful views of central Serbia. Our first stop will be amazing Roman archaeological site from IV century- Felix Romuliana.
Name Felix Romuliana was given to the palace by Emperor Galerius Maximianus in honour of his mother Romula. This very well preserved site was luxury residence from periods of great expansion and glory, about which evidence preserved architecture and beautiful mosaics. This UNESCO listed place is attractive for tourists due to its remarkable state and beauty. From a local guide you will learn more about Felix Romuliana and which interesting ritual was done for the last time in Roman Empire over here on a near by hill Magura.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Narodni Muzej Zajecar, Dragoslava Srejovica 2, Zajecar 19000 Serbia
Our next stop in exploring ancient Roman heritage will be in near by city Zajecar. Over there is a modern museum with an excellent exhibition and rich with artifacts that were found on Romuliana sight. Beside different Roman items, you can find interesting presentation about local culture, history and way of life which will be explained by museum guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ilino, Ilino, Central Serbia
After we finish with museum and Roman history it will be time for lunch, and we know perfect location on our way back to Belgrade. Ethnic village Ilino has excellent local food and authentic atmosphere with amazing view on Rtanj mountain.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.