Private Day Tour to Viminacium and Smederevo Fortress
Tailor your tour according to your interests and visit Smederevo, the Medieval capital of Serbia and the ancient Roman city, Viminacium. Smederevo was the last capital of Serbia before final fall into Ottoman’s hands and Viminacium the capital of Roman province Upper Mesia.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Single-use surgical face mask if you don't have your own
What's excluded :
- Admission for Viminacium ~4€ per person ; Smederevo fortress ~1€ per person
- Personal expenses
- Lunch ~10€ per person in a local restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Viminacium Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Smederevo Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Barrique
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viminacium Archaeological Park, Stari Kostolac BB, Kostolac 12208 Serbia
Get ready to explore one of the most important Roman sights in this part of Europe. Private guide will pick you up from your address in Belgrade at 10am (start time can be customized on request) and take you straight to Viminacium. This archaeological site used to spread on 440 hectares and it was the capital of the Roman province Upper Mesia. Viminacium flourished between 1st and 4th century a.d. and from a military camp (Castrum) became one of the biggest cities where east meets west. Many interesting archaeological sights were found such as Roman necropolis, antic baths, amphitheaters and also some rare frescoes are preserved here. In newly built Domus Scientarium you’ll enjoy exhibition of artworks and findings from the site.
Last stop in Viminacium is Mammoth Park. The highlight of this exhibition is mammoth Vika whose fully preserved skeleton is one of the few in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Smederevo Fortress, Smederevo 11300 Serbia
From ancient Roman city , we jump through time to mid 15th century when our next sight was built. Smederevo fortress, considered to be one of the biggest medieval fortresses in Europe. Surrounded by two rivers and with 19 towers it was impossible to conquer. Over here you will find out how medieval Serbian ruler balanced between raising treat - Ottoman empire and Hungarian kingdom. Many national folk legends are connected with this fortress and your guide will be glad to share them with you.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Barrique, Beogradski put bb, Smederevo 11300, Serbia
After walking and exploring all this interesting sights we stop for a deserved lunch break. Just outside of Smederevo is located excellent restaurant Barrique, with great traditional local food. On request lunch can be organized in a local winery with wine tasting.
After lunch we will go back to Belgrade where we arrive in the evening.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If you want to be picked up from other location which isn't listed (airbnb or an apartment) please specify.We can also pick you up from Belgrade port where cruiser boats dock.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coronavirus measures expected from the travelers side: 1) Travelers are expected to wear face cover in vehicles/closed space and to maintain social distancing rules on sites. 2) If you develop any respiratory infection symptoms before, during or after the tour, please let us know
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.