Private day trip from Iasi to the UNESCO Painted Monasteries in Bucovina
Discover the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina in a 12-hour guided tour from Iasi. You will visit some of the most important monastic settlements in the region (Voronet, Moldovita, and Sucevita Monasteries) and you will discover the art of creating black pottery, a craft exclusive to the region of Marginea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation with a modern vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Manastirea Voronet
- Entry/Admission - Moldovita Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Sucevita Monastery
What's excluded :
- Lunch (approx. €13/person)
- Personal expenses
- Photography fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manastirea Voronet, Strada Voronet 166, Voronet 725301 Romania
Voronet Monastery was built in 1488 in record time: three months, three weeks and three days, today being part of the UNESCO heritage. The exterior murals have preserved their hues despite centuries of inclement weather, but the ingredients used in preparing the paints are still a mystery. The scenes in the murals depict, like a movie, the history of Christianity, presented in an original manner, very much influenced by folk beliefs, by the Eastern culture, but also by the Orthodox thought.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Moldovita Monastery, Vatra Moldovitei 727595 Romania
Moldovita Monastery, included in the UNESCO heritage in 1993, was built between 1532 and 1537. For hundreds of years, the murals were the only way uneducated country dwellers could learn about the teachings of the Bible. The frescoes are an immense color illustration of Biblical scenes, adapted to the history of the place and to the important moments in the life of the community.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sucevita Monastery, Dn17a 169, Sucevita 727510 Romania
Sucevita Monastery is the newest of the Painted Monasteries of Bukovina, and it was included in the UNESCO Heritage in 1993. It was built in a Moldavian style, with Gothic and Byzantine influences. The murals are dominated by a shade of green, obtained through an ancient technique from natural pigments.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Iasi
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide;
- A small amount of walking is involved;
- Children must be accompanied by an adult;
- Not wheelchair accessible;
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.