Private Day Trip to Budapest from Vienna
While in Vienna don’t miss your chance to visit Budapest. The "Paris of the east" is only two hours away from Vienna!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Accompaniment by friendly, professional driver
- Highlight City Tour of Budapest with a local expert guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Budapest, the Hungarian capital stands for Gipsy music, the typical Gulyas stew, and amazing architecture from the turn of the centuries. While Buda was the seat of the Hungarian kings for ages, Pest's heyday was the fin-de-siècle, when Hungary celebrated its first millennium.
With a friendly driver depart from your hotel in Vienna in a private limousine or van. Heading east cross the Hungarian border and drive through the Hungarian lowlands to Budapest.
Upon arrival in Budapest meet your local expert guide for a comprehensive private city tour in English covering the city's most beautiful sights. By car you reach the top of the Gellert hill: towering over the Danube it offers unparalleled postcard views! Then you visit Buda's medieval castle district. Here you see Trinity Square with the gothic Matyas church and the famous Fisherman’s Bastion as well as the massive Buda Castle. The actual castle is a replication from the time of communism but it’s predecessors date as far back as the 13th century!
Crossing the famous chain bridge, Budapest's emblem, you reach Pest where you first pay a visit to the sumptuous St. Stephen's Basilica. Named after the patron saint of Hungary it accommodates the country's most important Christian reliquary: King Stephen's right hand! In Pest you also see the beautiful parliament, the Heroe's Square, the elegant Andrassy Avenue with the opera house and the lively Vaci Street street in the city center.
After the city tour treat yourself to a delicious Hungarian meal (not included) in one of the city's many great restaurants. Your guide will gladly suggest lunch options in Budapest and handle your table reservations.
Spend the afternoon at leisure in Pest's lively center for shopping or to further explore the city. Or bring your bathing suit and soak away the afternoon in Budapest's famous Gellert Bath (admission not included). In the late afternoon meet your driver for the return trip to Vienna.
07:30am Tour start - Travel across Lower Austria, past Györ
09:00am Stop for coffee and cake (at own expense) - ca. 30 minutes
10:30am City Tour with local expert guide - ca. 3 hours
01:30pm Free time in Pest - ca. 3 hours
04:30pm Departure for Vienna (short stop on the way back)
ca. 7:00pm Arrival in Vienna
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.Ports
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required for travelers during transportation, travelers must inform themselves in advance if depending on their nationality and place of residence they may enter Hungary. We do not assume any responsibility or refund in case of no entry.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.