Private Day-Trip to Maremma with wine tasting from Civitavecchia's port
If you wish an intimate experience to discover the wild beauty of Maremma in Southern Tuscany, this is the excursion you need to book! Enjoy the full day trip from Civitavecchia’s port visiting Pitigliano and Sovana, two gems of the region and where the Aldobrandeschi clan arrived and ruled in Maremma during the dark era of the Middle Ages leaving behind high towers, castles and walled towns. But Maremma is not just culture and landscapes; it is also a region rich in typical products to be tasted and savoured while drinking a good glass of wine. After all of this it is the time to immerse yourself into the sulphurous spring water, at a temperature of 37.5 °C, of are well known for their therapeutic properties, offering relaxation and well being through immersion like a jacuzzi in the middle of paradise! The tour is operate with an air-conditionedsedan/minivan Mercedes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting
- Local bruschettas
- An expert english-speaking driver
- air-conditioned mercedes mini van
What's excluded :
- extra food
- extra drinks
Practically carved out of "Tufaceous" rock (volcanic rock) the town of Pitigliano sits upon one of the suggestive tuff spurs, conferring a unique beauty to the town landscape. Pitigliano makes up part of an area called "borghi del tufo" — towns carved of tuff stone.
The tradition of wine in this area is based on Tuscany's white grape of choice (Trebbiano Toscano). Bianco di Pitigliano, is a crisp white wines with floral and mineral notes. There are also several red wines to be tried, the more famous fall under the Morellino di Scansano or Sovana DOCs. Without a doubt, Pitigliano is best known for its nickname “Little Jerusalem” thanks to the position close to Rome, where escaping Jews could find refuge. Pitigliano, as early as the 14th century, became an important haven for the Jews, and their numbers grews so much so that they built a Temple in 1598.
• Pitigliano Centro Storico, 58017 Pitigliano Italy
• Cattedrale di San Pietro, Via del Duomo, 58010 Sovana, Sorano Italy
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will meet your private english speaking driver below your cruise ship.As soon as you get over tyhe gate, you need to look for him. He will hold a sing with yor name.He will be awaiting for you just outside the gate.Ports
- porto Civitavecchia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.