Private Day Trip to Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna
The concentration camp memorial of Mauthausen is located close to Linz in Upper Austria. See the newly re-opened Visitor Center and the preserved historic premises in a half day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Accompaniment by friendly, English-speaking driver
- Self-guided visit of the Memorial with audio-guides in chosen language
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - KZ-Gedenkstatte Mauthausen
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Depart from your hotel in Vienna in a private limousine or van. Your friendly english-speaking driver will drive you to the Memorial in safety and comfort. Upon arrival explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum. Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history.
Enjoy the exclusive service and personal atmosphere of a private tour: Your knowledgeable guide is ready to respond to (almost) your every request and requirement. Decide for yourself what you want to see and how much time to spend at each location. After the visit to the memorial your driver will take you to Vienna and back to your hotel.
Pick-up from your hotel in Vienna
09:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
11:45am Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
Self-guided Visit with audio-guide
2:45pm Departure for Vienna
Short stop for a snack at local restaurant (at own expense) - ca. 30 mins.
5:30pm Arrival in Vienna
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.Ports
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We do not advise visiting the Mauthausen Memorial with children under the age of 14
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required for travelers during transportation, children up to 6 years of age do not need to wear face masks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.