PRIVATE Day Trip to Muddy Volcanoes and Slanic Prahova Salt Mine
Discover the unusual Muddy Volcanoes and one of the most beautiful salt mines in Romania - Slanic Prahova in this 10-Hours Guided Tour!
Unlike other agencies, we value our guests and we provide exceptional services every time. You will travel with a professional driver and a licensed tour guide. We pick you up from your closest convenience and we bring you back in the same place. You will travel with a high-comfort air-conditioned luxury vehicle (years 2018-2020). This is a private tour of maximum 2 passengers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Bottled water
- Professional Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide & Experienced Driver
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Meals and Drinks, unless otherwise specified
- Other personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Slanic Prahova Salt Mine
- Entry/Admission - Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes)
- Entry/Admission - Slanic Salt Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vulcanii Noroiosi (Muddy Volcanoes), Paclele Mari, Berca 127035 Romania
The Muddy Volcanoes in Buzau county are not the volcanoes you would expect. They're not the big, real volcanoes that scare off people and clog the European airspace with volcanic ash. Not by far. But they're a pretty amazing place, hidden somewhere in the Buzau mountains.
The Muddy Volcanoes were formed from the gas which comes from 30,000 meters underground. The gas goes through a clay sector, then through the underground water. So the gas pushes the water and the clay to the surface (which by that time become mud), creating small cones which resemble the shape of a volcano.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Slanic Salt Museum, August Street 23, Slanic 106200 Romania
About 100 kilometers from Bucharest and 44 kilometers from Ploiesti, the Slanic Prahova salt mine is a recognized destination for balneal and touristic activities since 1853, when it was declared a tourist destination of national interest in Romania.
Among the superlatives of the salt mine (especially the Union Mine), the most important tourist and health objective in the resort, there is a huge volume of excavated salt, about 2.9 million cubic meters, which led to the creation of cavities with gigantic volumes, respectively 14 trapezoidal rooms totaling about 80,000 square meters.
The 14 underground rooms have an opening of 10 meters to the ceiling, 32 meters wide at the bottom, and the height is 54 meters. The depth of the salt mine is 208 meters. The impressive dimensions granted it the title of the largest salt mine in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Old Town, Bucharest, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.