Private Day Trip to Orvieto and Civita Bagnoregio from Civitavecchia Cruise Port
Enjoy a day exploring the beauties the Umbria and Lazio regions have to offer. On this full-day tour with a private English-speaking driver, you’ll be able to visit the medieval town of Orvieto and the beautiful small town of Civita di Bagnoreggio.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pick up and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Professional guide in Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Orvieto is one of the most striking, memorable, and enjoyable hill towns in central Italy. Less than 90 minutes from Rome, Orvieto sits majestically high above the valley floor atop a big chunk of tufo volcanic stone, overlooking cypress-dotted Umbrian plains. A visit here will reward you with a delightful, perfectly preserved, and virtually traffic-free world highlighted by a colorful-inside-and-out cathedral and some of Italy's best wine.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Orvieto's cathedral gets my vote for Italy's liveliest facade. This colorful, prickly Gothic facade, divided by four pillars, has been compared to a medieval altarpiece — a gleaming mass of mosaics, stained glass, and sculpture. It's a circa 1330 class in world history, back when no one dared question "intelligent design." Things start with Creation and end with the Last Judgment.
Inside, the nave feels spacious and less cluttered than those in most Italian churches. It used to be filled with statues and fancy chapels until 1877, when the people decided they wanted to "un-Baroque" their church. The nave is also an optical illusion; the architect designed it to be wider at the back and narrower at the altar, making it appear longer than it is. Windows of thin sliced alabaster bathe the interior in a soft light.
The cathedral's highlight is the Chapel of San Brizio, featuring Luca Signorelli
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, Civita di Bagnoregio, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
Civita di Bagnoregio is a town in the Province of Viterbo in central Italy, a suburb of the comune of Bagnoregio, 1 kilometre (0.6 mi) east from it. It is about 120 kilometres (75 mi) north of Rome.
The town is noted for its striking position on top of a plateau of friable volcanic tuff overlooking the Tiber river valley. It is in constant danger of destruction as the edges of the plateau collapse due to erosion, leaving the buildings to crumble as their underlying support falls away. As of 2004, there were plans to reinforce the plateau with steel rods to prevent further geological damage.
The city is also much admired for its architecture spanning several hundred years. Civita di Bagnoregio owes much of its unaltered condition to its relative isolation; the town was able to withstand most intrusions of modernity as well as the destruction brought by two world wars. The population today is 11 people, but due to a healthy amount of bnb’s the village gets busy in the summer months.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.