Private Day Trip to Plovdiv and Asen's Fortress
Enjoy a great day trip to the ancient town of Plovdiv- see its old town, Roman heritage and astonishing hills. In the afternoon, take a ride to the nearby Rodopi mountain to discover the remains of the medieval Bulgarian fortress, from which you will also see magnificent panoramic views.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private driver- guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
- A visit to the Asen`s fortress
What's excluded :
- Food & personal expenses
- Entrance fees (if present)
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts with a pick up from any location in Sofia.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 1,5 hours’ drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is one of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs. There will be a 1,5-hour walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places.
You will see the Roman Theater and parts of the Roman Stadium. Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe. Explore the magnificent Revival old town with its unique colorful houses from the 19th century. See the recently uncovered early Christian mosaics dating back to the 4th century!
Since this year Plovdiv is the European capital of culture, you may be able to see some of the undergoing events as well! They will be in all different aspects such as exebitions, concerts, art permormances, street parades and many others. You can write us your date of traveling and we will inform you what events will be held during that period and can be included in the day trip. On requesrt, we can organize you a multiday trip to Plovdiv with an overnight stay as well!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
After exploring Plovdiv, you will head to the mountains and visit the remains of the old medieval Asen`s Fortress (named after the famous Bulgarian king Ivan Asen II) and its church. It is situated on a very vivid place from where you can see amazing panoramic views and take astonishing photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ adress pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.