Private Day Trip to Plovdiv and Bachkovo Monastery
Discover the town of Plovdiv- one of the oldest existing settlements in world! See the Roman Theater and parts of the Roman Stadium. Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe. Explore the magnificent Revival old town with its unique colorful houses from the 19th century. See the recently uncovered early Christian mosaics dating back to the 4th century! Plovdiv itself will be a European capital of culture in 2019.
In the afternoon, you will go to the Bachkovo monastery- the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria, established in the 11th century. It is famous for the icon of Virgin Marry, which is taught to be miraculous and thousands of people each year come to see it.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
- A visit to the Bachkovo Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food & personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
2 hour guided walking tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
20 minutes guided visit of the monastery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9am- please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, the terrain in the old town is harsh.
- It would mean a lot to us if you leave us a valid EMAIL address - so that we may remind you to leave us a review on our Tripadvisor page
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.