Private Day Trip to Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa
This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you! And you will be able to stop for pictures, shops and other things whenever you want!
With this tour you will have the opportunity to discover two of the most charming places in Bulgaria for one day. Plovdiv is one of the oldest existing settlements in the world. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage. You will see the Roman theater, walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe and explore its unique old town. Plovdiv itself will be a European capital of culture in 2019.
The small village of Koprivshtitsa is tucked in the bosom of "Sredna gora" mountain, surrounded by century old pines. You will walk by its colorful old Revival houses from the 19th century and learn about the history of the April Uprising.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional driver- guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa
What's excluded :
- Museums entrance fees: 5 euro total
- Food & personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Municipality Koprivshtitsa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 1,5 hours’ drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is one of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs. There will be a 1,5-hour walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places.
You will see the Roman Theater and parts of the Roman Stadium. Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe. Explore the magnificent Revival old town with its unique colorful houses from the 19th century. See the recently uncovered early Christian mosaics dating back to the 4th century!
Since this year Plovdiv is the European capital of culture, you may be able to see some of the undergoing events as well! They will be in all different aspects such as exebitions, concerts, art permormances, street parades and many others. You can write us your date of traveling and we will inform you what events will be held during that period and can be included in the day trip. On requesrt, we can organize you a multiday trip to Plovdiv with an overnight stay as well!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Municipality Koprivshtitsa, Koprivshtitsa, Lyuben Karavelov St 16, 2077 Средна махала, Koprivshtitsa, Bulgaria
In the afternoon you will go to the charming town of Koprivshtitsa, with its fascinating history and authentic 19th century architecture. Spend the rest of the day in this small and picturesque town situated in Central Bulgaria among the slopes of Stara Planina Mountain that carries a specific spirit of tranquility and eternity. Learn about the dramatic Bulgarian History from your professional guide and get the chance to visit the original houses of the heroes of the April Uprising.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ adress pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.