Private Day Trip to Plovdiv from Sofia
Enjoy a great private day trip to the beautiful town of Plovdiv- the oldest existing settlement in Europe- learn its rich history and discover the amazing architecture.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private tour
- Professional driver- guide in English throughout the whole day (or in other language on request
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
What's excluded :
- Lunch & Personal expenses
- Museum entrance fees (2- 5 euro)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
With this tour you will have the chance to discover the town of Plovdiv: the oldest existing settlement in Europe. It is a very beautiful place, also known as the town of the Seven Hills, and it can be reached for only 2 hours from Sofia by car. This amazing city merges Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage. You will see traditional Bulgarian houses from the Revival period, walk by Roman remains and early Christian mosaics. Popular museums that can be visited in the town are the Ethnographic museum, the museum of Natural history, the Roman stadium. And you will have free time for lunch in a traditional local restourant.
Plovdiv is the second largest city in Bulgaria, the 5th oldest in the world and the oldest in Europe. Its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. In the beginning, the ancient settlement was situated on the natural elevation between Nebet, Taksim and Dzhambaz hills (the Three Hills). In ancient times Thracians inhabited the Three Hills and built a fortified settlement – the largest city in Thrace. In the 4th century BC Plovdiv was conquered by Phillip of Macedonia. He gave the city one of its many names – Phillipopolis, and had it surrounded by thick fortified walls. Later it became a Roman province and an important regional center. The town hosts the Roman theatre, which was successfully restored and it is presently used for different performances, concerts and events.
Since this year Plovdiv is the European capital of culture, you may be able to see some of the undergoing events as well! They will be in all different aspects such as exebitions, concerts, art permormances, street parades and many others. You can write us your date of traveling and we will inform you what events will be held during that period and can be included in the day trip.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9;30am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.