Private Day Trip to Rozhen Monastery and Melnik
This is a Private Tour so you will not be combined with other people besides those in your reservation- there will be a private car and a private driver- guide just for you!
With this tour you will see Kordopulova house, St. Antonius church, hike through the Melnik pyramids, see Rozhen monastery iconostas and frescoes and taste the traditional Bulgarian Banitza in a village house.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional driver/ guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation with an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Food tasting
- Rozhen Monastery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melnik, Melnik, Blagoevgrad Province
The tour starts at 9.00 from the hotel that you are staying in Sofia. Your first stop which will be Melnik. The smallest town in Bulgaria, Melnik, is nested in the south slopes of Pirin, among sand pyramids with queer forms. It is situated in the Sandanski Municipality, Blagoevgrad county, 175 km south from Sofia, and it is only 30 km from the borderline with Greece.
The findings from the antiquity discovered upon the archaeological diggings testify for its centuries-old history. Melnik is declared a natural and architectural reserve and it attracts thousands of tourists annually. The wine which is produced by the unique Bulgarian brand Wide Melnik Vine has a wonderful quality, scents of ripe cherry, herbs, and in the presence of an oak it develops nuances of tobacco and leather. It is one of the attractions of the town and the region, and it attracts many admirers from the whole world. You can sample it in some of the wineries and cellars in the town and around it.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rozhen Monastery, Rozhen, Melnik 2820 Bulgaria
After a stop for lunch in a typical Bulgarian restourant you will star the hiking tour to Rozhen monastery. It is the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region. The monastery is comparatively well preserved and every year it is visited by many tourists from various countries.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please indicate your hotel or address when making the reservation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.