Private Day Trip to Sagaing Ava and Amarapura from Mandalay
Visiting 3 ancient cities Ava, Amarapura and Sagaing is the best way for travelers to learn Myanmar culture, tradition, and ways of rural life. Enjoy nature and peace in some Myanmar’s best-known destinations by ferry and horse.
Visit three popular destinations outside of Mandalay in one day on this day trip to the ancient cities of Ava, Amarapura, and Sagaing. Travel by vehicle, ferry, and horse-drawn carriage to reach the cities' historical sites, including numerous pagodas, a teak bridge, and more. This tour includes all transportation with hotel pickup and drop-off from Mandalay.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: U Bein Bridge, Amarapura Myanmar
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Mandalay around 8:30 am and head to the world's largest teak bridge, U Bein Bridge built in 1782. Then, visit Mahagadayon Monastery, a famous Buddhist Monastery where more than a thousand monks live and study. Next, move to Ava (Inwa) by a ferry ride from Myitnge River.
Upon arrival, hop on a horse-cart offers you the opportunity to discover the picturesque ruins and surrounding countryside at a relaxed and more tranquil pace. Visit the teak monastery of Bagaya Kyaung (famous for its impressive ornate woodcarvings and teak posts) and the former royal monastery temple known as Maha Aungmye Bonzan, completely built of brick and stucco. The final stop of the day is at Sagaing. Sagaing is considered to be the living center of Buddhism in Myanmar and the hundreds of monasteries and temples reverberate with the echoes of cymbals, gongs, and Pagoda bells. Afterwards, visit Oominthonese Pagoda and Swanoopinyashin Pagoda. After the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.