Private Day Trip to Stara Zagora
Stara Zagora is one of the world’s oldest cities. During the centuries it has changed names many times and that has given Stara Zagora the nickname - the 9 names city. On our tour, we’ll learn what’s hiding behind each one of them while going back in history where we’ll find the Neolithic homes dated 5-6 thousand years BC - the most well preserved Neolithic homes in Europe!
Together we’ll take a look into the museum of the “Neolithic home” and get to see how the people from the Flinstones’ times used to live :)
We’ll discover how in later ages the city turns into the second biggest economic, administrative and cultural center in Trakia, one of the Roman empire’s provinces.
Later on, we’ll visit the secret world of the first miners and metallurgists in Europe. In Stara Zagora’s region, about 8km away from the city is situated the oldest and biggest ore-dressing center in Europe.
Come! Discover the centuries’ secrets!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air conditioning
- Full day tour in Stara Zagora
- Entrance fees for: “Neolithic villages” museum; Regional History Museum – Stara Zagora and others
- An English speaking tripvam representative during the whole trip
What's excluded :
- Personal expenditures
- Food and beverages
- Insurance (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: tripvam Plovdiv, Mizia street 10A, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Our adventure starts at 09:00 am. We’ll take you from your hotel or the apartment where you stay.
We head to Stara Zagora city. This is the 5th largest city in the country. It’s built on top of an old Roman village called Irinopolis. Many valuable mosaics, tombs, and antiques from the old ages have been found there. A part of the antique theatre is still well preserved.
Todays Stara Zagora streets are still following the plans and routes of the ancient Romans roads and together we will discover their secrets.
In our full day city tour of Stara Zagora we will see:
The Palace of Justice
Architectural estate – “Museum of the religions”
The Opera house – the biggest opera in Balkans
The massive remains of the ancient Roman city of Ulpia Augusta Traina.
A private Roman home where you can see a late antiquity mosaics.
“Neolithic villages” museum
Regional History Museum – Stara Zagora
Umbrella hill and the unique monument “The Defenders of Stara Zagora” which is 50 meters high and was erected in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Liberation from Ottoman rule. It’s situated in the place where the bloodiest battles happened.
For lunch, we’ll enjoy typical Bulgarian cuisine in a local restaurant.
Around 4:00 pm we drive back to Plovdiv.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Wherever you are staying at
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.