Private Day Trip to the 7 Rila Lakes and Rila Monastery
This tour is a great chance to experience these two amazing places in one day. They are both situated in the Rila Mountain. The main part of the tour will be the area of the lakes, where the hiking takes about 5 hours and it is a perfect opportunity for an escape in the nature. The visit of the monastery will be a little bit more limited but you will still be able to learn the main things about it.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- professional guide
- transportation with a comfortable car with free Wi Fi
- hotel pick up and drop off
- trip to the Seven Rila Lakes
- walking tour around the Lakes
- trip to the Rila Monastery
What's excluded :
- food & drinks
- cable car fee- 9 euro
- Entry/Admission - Seven Rila Lakes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Aleksander Nevski Square, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts with a pick up from any location in Sofia.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Seven Rila Lakes, 2650 Sapareva Banya Rila Mountain, Sofia Bulgaria
The tour starts at 8am in the morning when the guide will take you from your place in Sofia. The Seven Rila Lakes are just 1, 30 h away from the capital, which makes them a great day trip in the nature. From the mountain village of Panichishte you will take a cable car to the area of the lakes. All seven of them have their own name which reflects its typical shape or characteristics. They are situated between 2,100 and 2,500 meters above sea level. In winter, they are frozen over and covered in snow; in summer, once melted, they are a clear emerald green and are great for picnic. The hiking path is of moderate difficulty and it takes about 3,5- 5 hours.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
In the afternoon you will also travel to the famous Rila Monastery, UNESCO heritage sight, where you can admire its amazing frescoes and architecture. The expected return at Sofia will be at 8pm.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 8am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress appropriately for mountain condtions and take a jacket with you even in the summer.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.