Private Day Trip to the Rhodopi Mountain from Plovdiv
This tour is a great combination of nature and heritage. It starts at 9am when the guide will take you from your hotel and you will head to the nearby Rhodopi mountain. Your first stop will be at the remains of the old medieval Asen`s Fortress and its church. It is situated on a very vivid place from where you can see amazing panoramic views and take astonishing photos.
After that, you will continue to the small mountain village of Bachkovo where you will visit the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria- Bachkovo monastery. It is famous for the icon of Virgin Marry, dating back to the 14th century, which is taught to be miraculous and thousands of people each year come to see it.
Then you will go for a hike in the mountain. The trails starts just next to the monastery. The hiking is with moderate difficulty and takes about 1-2 hours.
Finally, you will also have time for a lunch break in one of the traditional local restaurants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Private guide
What's excluded :
- Entrace fee to the fortress- 3 euro
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
Guided visit of the fortress
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
Guided vsiti of the monastery
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick up at 9am- please indicate your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Moderately difficult hiking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.