Private Day Trip to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanasi
Enjoy a great day trip to the medieval Bulgarian capital- Veliko Tarnovo. Discover its spectacular heritage and beautiful nature. Spent the afternoon in the small village of Arbanasi, famous for its old stone houses and great places for lunch.
Most times the trips are done with eco friendly cars - with cng engine or electro mobiles, so that we can help fighting the air polution.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- professional driver- guide
- hotel pick up and drop off
- transportation with a comfortable A/C car with free Wi Fi
- sightseeing tour in Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanasi
What's excluded :
- entrance tickets (if present)
- food & personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tsarevets, Tsar Asen Square, Veliko Tarnovo 5000 Bulgaria
The tour starts at 8am when the guide will take you from your hotel in Sofia. The travelling to Veliko Tarnovo is about 3 hours. This town was the Bulgarian capital during the so called Second Bulgarian Kingdom between the 12th and the 14th century. There you will be able to feel the medieval spirit. Veliko Tarnovo is situated along several big hills and the river Yantra. It is remarkable for its well preserved fortress. There you will be able to discover some of its very old churches and see beautiful panoramic views.
Bellow the fortress are situated some of the old merchant streets, which still present old- style crafts. The tour in the town is about hour and a half. After that, you will head to the nearby small village of Arbanasi, an architectural resort, famous for its old stone houses and great places for lunch.
The expected return in Sofia is about 7pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 8am. -please indicate it.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.