Private Day Trip to Wachau Valley & Melk Abbey from Vienna with a local
The Wachau Valley is one of the most scenic areas to travel as a day trip from Vienna. The banks of the mighty Danube River are littered with castles, small charming villages, and some of the best vineyards in Austria. Perched on a bluff above the Danube River, the fortified Melk Abbey is one of the true gems of Austria. Not only is the Abbey one of the best Baroque buildings in Austria, but knowing the history gives you better insight into the founding of Vienna, making it an excellent side trip. Our fun and entertaining guide will make this a memorable experience for you filled with offbeat sightseeing, visitng local popular hangout places and trying the local food & drinks. It is one of the best experiences to immerse yourself into the rich Austrian culture.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Train Ticket
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Wachau Valley
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wachau Valley, Joching Austria
Experience the best of the city with our guide.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Stephansplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.