Private Delhi: Morning Culture, History and Food Tour with a Local Guide
Kick-start your private day tour in Delhi with a trip on the metro and a cup of chai, just like the locals. It'll set you up just find for a tour of Delhi highlights and local experiences. You'll experience the best of Delhi with great street food, markets, bazaars, temples, and famous historical sites.
Stop and sample a samosa from a street stall, wander through narrow alleyways, and see the sights, smells, and people of Delhi front and centre. Explore a local market where goods on offer range from wedding paraphernalia to cow dung on a string (seriously).
Your local guide will provide a background into India's more recent history and struggle for independence. Pay a visit to local temples dedicated to the various Hindu gods, and gain insight into the religion of Hinduism, at one of the more spiritual moments on our Delhi tour.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Local English Speaking Guide
- All Vegetarian Meal, chai & Local snacks
- Metro ticket
- Rickshaw ride
- Entry/Admission - Shani Mandir Temple
- Entry/Admission - Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib
- Entry/Admission - Spice Market
What's excluded :
- Red Forth Entrance Fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shani Mandir Temple, 10756, Phool Wali Gali, near filmistan, Manakpura, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Visit one of the oldest Hindu temple in Delhi and learn about Hinduism and believes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, Chandni Chowk Rd, New Delhi 110006 India
Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib is one of the nine historical Gurdwaras in Delhi and is one of the most beautifully constructed sikh temples. Visit and learn about one of the most hospitable religions on this earth.
Enjoy the Indian breakfast with the Indian Chai.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Spice Market, Khari Baoli Road 212/A, laxmi dry fruits, 39, Chandni Chowk Rd, Fatehpuri, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
The Spice Market is Asia’s Biggest Wholesale Spice market which is located at the western end of Chandni Chowk and have all kinds of spices, dried fruits, nuts, tea and herbs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Khari Baoli, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- his is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Through this tour, we introduce different religions to our travellers, like Hinduism and Sikhism, which in turn fosters more cultural awareness and acceptance.
- We hire local rickshaw drivers for your tour versus taking taxis, who work very hard to earn a living for their families.
- On your tour you also visit local chai spots and taste local snacks at venues which are not accessible without a local guide leading the way, rather than more touristy areas.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.